Benefits of walking and Listening to Music
Updated: Feb 4
Music is a vital part of different moments of human life. It spreads happiness and joy in our personal life. Music is the soul of our life and gives immense peace to us. Music is a pleasant sound that is a combination of melodies and harmony and soothes you. Music also may refer to the art of composing such pleasant sounds with the help of the various musical instruments. The music consists of Sargam, Ragas, Taals, etc. Music is a form of meditation. Music has a great quality of healing a person emotionally and mentally.
Image Source: Click here
Music is also good for people who enjoy walking and running. Science has shown that it can even help you to improve your exercise performance. There are many benefits to listening to music. These are :
1. If you are getting up at 5 in the morning to go for a walk, it can be daunting. If you keep together a good playlist though, you can leave the rest to the music once you pull yourself out of bed. In addition, working up sweat takes a lot of effort, and it is easy to give up. You are going for that extra kilometer or two, nothing will help to motivate you more than a good tune. You choose a song with a strong beat and inspiring lyrics to help to keep up your pace.
2. You have to check your watch instead of tracking your distance with an app or constantly, simply use your favorite music. For example, you want to walk for 45 minutes, then make a 45 minutes playlist. This way, instead of looking at numbers, you can focus on the music, and your walk will be over.
3. It increases and decreases your intensity at different points during your work you can alternate between slow music and fast music to regulate your pace. Play fast songs when you need to do a brisk walk, and switch to slower music when you are cooling down for a minute or two.
4. Music listening reportedly lowers requirements for opiate drugs in postoperative pain while music is not a substitute for medication to manage chronic pain, it may distract you from normal aches or pain during walking. Therefore, you are more likely to complete your walk.
5. Music naturally boosts dopamine, the neurotransmitter that drives your brain’s reward system. Listening to music during walks can give you hit dopamine – resulting in feelings of well-being. At the same time, walking boosts serotonin, so the combination will do wonders for your HAPPY HORMONES.
6. According to a 2013 review published in trends in COGNITIVE SCIENCES, listening to music can reduce Stress Levels. Listening to the right music during walking can help you wind down and carry the relaxing benefits with you through the rest of your day.
7. When you walk to listen to music, it has been shown to improve mood and reduce stress, which in turn has a positive effect on immunity. So, no need to worry about a pesky cold derailing your fitness regimen.
8. Sync your run to an upbeat playlist and will stay on pace and even improve your endurance. Songza even has a feature to help you match the tempo of your walking music to your running pace.
9. An hour-long walking can seem never-ending, but when you break it down by song it is a lot easier to handle. Think about it this way: A 60 minutes walking is really just 15 minutes favorite song.
10. When you walking to listen to music your brain also exercised. Listening to music, also fresh your mind and brain too. Parts of the brain too stronger to listening music and walking.
Music is the essence of life. Everything that has rhythm has music. Music is known as the Universal Language because it knows no boundaries. Listening to music can grow our brains. Listening to music when you walk in the morning it can superior our health immunity power and active our all body parts. Listening to music and walking are the best weapons for our health.